Dupree's 24 points leads Sky past LibertyJun 16, 2007 - 2:47 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Candice Dupree scored 24 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as the Chicago Sky posted a 73-66 victory over the New York Liberty on Friday.
Stacey Dales scored 11 points and Dominique Canty scored 10 for Chicago (5-5), which matched its win total from its inaugural 2006 season. The Sky were 5-29 in 2006.
Dupree, who shot 11-of-20 from the field, scored 14 points in the first half when the Sky had a 35-31 lead. The second-year forward scored eight in the third quarter when Chicago opened a 58-47 lead entering the final period.
Rookie Armintie Price, who had season-highs of 17 points and 13 rebounds in an 81-69 loss to Seattle on Tuesday, finished with seven points, 10 rebounds and six assists for the Sky, who shot 44 percent (30-of-68).
Shameka Christon scored 18 points and reserve Tiffany Jackson scored 17 for New York, which shot 42 percent (25-of-60) and lost for the fist time in four tries against Chicago.
NEW YORK 66
CHICAGO 73 FINAL
Jun 15 10:31 PM
NEW YORK 47
CHICAGO 58 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 15 10:01 PM
NEW YORK 31
CHICAGO 35 HALFTIME
Jun 15 9:22 PM
NEW YORK 16
CHICAGO 20 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 15 8:56 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8