Jackson leads Storm past CometsJun 16, 2007 - 4:51 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Lauren Jackson scored 30 points and Betty Lennox added 18 as the Seattle Storm surged to an 84-71 victory over the Houston Comets on Friday.
The Storm (5-4) opened up the game with a 10-0 run bridging the third and fourth quarters that pushed their advantage to 68-54 with 8:34 remaining in the game. Jackson had six points and Lennox accounted for the other four during the spurt.
The Comets (0-9) would not pull closer than within 11 points the rest of the way.
Jackson shot 9-of-16 from the floor, including 5-of-7 from the arc. Lennox was 9-of-9 from the free throw line.
Houston connected on just 2-of-13 3-point attempts and were outrebounded, 33-23. The Comets were led by Hamchetou Maiga-Ba with 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting.
Houston, which has dropped all nine of its games thus far this season, will look for its first win Saturday at Sacramento.
SEATTLE 84 FINAL
Jun 16 12:07 AM
SEATTLE 63 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 15 11:41 PM
SEATTLE 45 HALFTIME
Jun 15 10:59 PM
SEATTLE 25 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 15 10:35 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31
- Sue Bird signs multiyear deal with Seattle Storm Feb 16
- Seattle Storm re-sign Clark and O'Hea for 2016 season Feb 2