Young's career night leads Silver Stars over LynxJun 21, 2007 - 2:06 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Sophia Young scored a career-high 24 points to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to an 80-73 victory over the Minnesota Lynx on Wednesday.
Young scored 15 in the first half as the Silver Stars shot 51 percent (20-of-39) and jumped out to a 46-29 lead at the break.
Becky Hammon added 18 points and six assists for the San Antonio (5-5), which has won two straight and denied the Lynx their first three-game winning streak since June 4-15, 2005.
Minnesota (3-10), which led by 17 at the half, came out cold in the third period, scoring just 12 points and saw its lead cut to 11 at the end of three.
Seimone Augustus, who was held scoreless in the first quarter, brought the Lynx within nine with two free throws at 60-51 with 8:45 left in the fourth but they could draw no closer.
Augustus scored 27 points for Minnesota, which fell to 1-6 on the road. Lindsey Harding added 14 but the Lynx were hurt by 19 turnovers.
SAN ANTONIO 80 FINAL
Jun 20 9:54 PM
SAN ANTONIO 58 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 20 9:23 PM
SAN ANTONIO 46 HALFTIME
Jun 20 8:51 PM
SAN ANTONIO 24 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 20 8:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14