Douglas, Sun snap five-game losing streak against FeverJun 23, 2007 - 1:27 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Katie Douglas scored a career-high 30 points and grabbed eight rebounds as the Connecticut Sun snapped a five-game losing streak with a 78-74 victory over the Indiana Fever in a rematch of the 2005 Eastern Conference finals.
Asjha Jones' three-point play gave the Sun a 76-74 with 28 seconds remaining. Jones received a pass from Lindsay Whalen and converted a layup while being fouled by Fever forward Tamika Catchings.
Indiana had taken a 74-73 lead when reserve Tan White made a 3-pointer with 32 seconds left.
Douglas shot 10-of-18 from the floor and had two steals as Connecticut recorded its first win since June 8.
Jones had 16 points on 7-of-13 shooting and Margo Dydek added 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Sun, who shot 39 percent (29-of-74) and forced 20 turnovers.
White and Tamika Whitmore each scored 15 points and Catchings contributed nine points and 12 rebounds with seven assists and three blocks for the Fever, who shot just 38 percent (26-of-69) from the field.
INDIANA 74 FINAL
Jun 22 9:03 PM
INDIANA 53 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 22 8:33 PM
INDIANA 29 HALFTIME
Jun 22 7:57 PM
INDIANA 17 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 22 7:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8