Catchings, Whitmore lead Fever past LibertyJun 24, 2007 - 10:17 PM NEW YORK (Ticker) -- Tamika Catchings scored 18 points and Tamika Whitmore added 15 as the Indiana Fever posted a 74-63 victory over the New York Liberty on Sunday.
Tammy Sutton-Brown scored 11 points and Anna DeForge scored 10 for Indiana. The Fever led by 14 points after the first quarter, 16 at halftime and 15 after three periods.
Indiana (10-3) became the second team in the WNBA to reach double-digit wins, joining the Detroit Shock (10-2).
Catchings and Whitmore combined to connect on 12-of-24 from the floor for the Fever, which shot 47 percent (24-of-51).
Loree Moore scored 17 points and reserves Janel McCarville and Lisa Willis each scored season-highs of 13 and 12 respectively for New York, which shot 40 percent (23-of-58).
Cathrine Kraayeveld also scored 13 points for the Liberty (7-6), who have lost three of four, and six of eight.
NEW YORK 63 FINAL
Jun 24 6:03 PM
NEW YORK 40 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 24 5:30 PM
NEW YORK 22 HALFTIME
Jun 24 4:54 PM
NEW YORK 8 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 24 4:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22