Thompson's second-half push leads Comets over Silver StarsJun 27, 2007 - 3:18 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Tina Thompson scored all 17 of her points in the second half and Sancho Lyttle added 12 and eight rebounds as the Houston Comets posted a 75-67 victory over the San Antonio Silver Stars on Tuesday night.
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba also netted 12 points for the Comets, who snapped a five-game losing streak against the Silver Stars.
Thompson shot just 4-of-12 from the field but got to the free-throw line with ease, nailing 9-of-16 foul shots for Houston, which outscored San Antonio, 24-13, in the fourth quarter to secure the victory.
Becky Hammon scored 32 points on 10-of-16 shooting, including 6-of-10 from the arc, for the Silver Stars, who committed 30 turnovers leading to 33 points by the Comets.
SAN ANTONIO 67
HOUSTON 75 FINAL
Jun 26 10:45 PM
SAN ANTONIO 54
HOUSTON 51 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 26 10:11 PM
SAN ANTONIO 38
HOUSTON 35 HALFTIME
Jun 26 9:31 PM
SAN ANTONIO 17
HOUSTON 17 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 26 8:58 PM
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Dearica Hamby scores 15 points, Stars beat Storm 59-58 Sep 13
- Stars-Storm Preview Sep 12
- Odyssey Sims scores 27, Shock clinch West's third seed Sep 8
- Stars-Shock Preview Sep 7
- A week to go and the Eastern Conference is still tight Sep 7
- Brittney Griner scores 22 points, Mercury beat Stars 82-52 Sep 5
- Mercury-Stars Preview Sep 5