Thompson leads balanced attack as Comets edge StormJun 29, 2007 - 3:14 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Tina Thompson scored 20 points to lead four players in double figures as the Houston Comets continued to gain steam with an 81-76 triumph over the Seattle Storm on Thursday.
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba netted 15 points and Roneeka Hodges chipped in 14 for Houston, which has won four of its last five games since starting the season with 10 straight losses.
In the third quarter, Hodges scored eight consecutive points as the Comets built a 57-46 advantage with 2:02 left.
Betty Lennox made three straight free throws as Seattle pulled within 77-75 with 32 second remaining. But Thompson sank a pair of foul shots 20 seconds later to seal the victory.
Lauren Jackson had 25 points and eight rebounds and Lennox scored 23 for Seattle, which shot 40 percent (24-of-59) from the field and added 10 fast-break points.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31
- Sue Bird signs multiyear deal with Seattle Storm Feb 16
- Seattle Storm re-sign Clark and O'Hea for 2016 season Feb 2