Douglas shines as Sun rally past FeverJun 30, 2007 - 1:22 AM UNCASVILLE, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Katie Douglas scored 22 points and Margo Dydek added eight and 13 rebounds as the Connecticut Sun used a decisive fourth-quarter run to post a 72-67 victory over the Indiana Fever on Friday.
Lindsay Whalen added 14 points for the Sun (6-10), who shot just 36 percent (24-of-66) from the field and were outrebounded, 40-35, but benefited from 20 turnovers by the Fever to pick up the victory.
Trailing, 52-50, with just over eight minutes remaining in the contest, Connecticut took the lead for good on Douglas' 3-pointer with 7:49 left - the first basket of its 11-0 run.
Douglas shot 5-of-13 from the floor and 11-of-12 from the free-throw line for the Sun, who trailed, 17-2, to start the game but climbed out of the hole by outscoring Indiana each of the next three quarters.
Tamika Catchings had eight points and 11 rebounds for Indiana (10-4), which shot 8-of-18 from the arc.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8