Brunson's double-double lifts Monarchs over LynxJul 2, 2007 - 3:25 AM SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- Rebekkah Brunson scored 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead the Sacramento Monarchs to a 76-68 victory over the Minnesota Lynx.
Brunson shot 5-of-10 from the floor to help the Monarchs remain at the top of the Western Conference standings by snapping a two-game losing skid.
Nicole Powell had 16 points and four steals and Scholanda Robinson added 11 points for Sacramento, which shot 42 percent (27-of-64) and forced 21 turnovers.
Minnesota, which entered the game having won four of its last five, failed to win three consecutive games for the first time this season.
Seimone Augustus scored 22 points and Lindsey Harding added 17 for the Lynx, who shot 50 percent (29-of-58) from the field.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1