Catchings leads Fever to fourth straight winJul 11, 2007 - 4:24 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Tamika Catchings scored 23 points and grabbed six rebounds as the Indiana Fever recorded their fourth straight victory, a 79-77 triumph over the Houston Comets on Tuesday.
Catchings, who shot 6-of-10 from the floor, has averaged 17.5 points and 7.0 rebounds during the current winning streak.
Tammy Sutton-Brown had 20 points and six rebounds and Tamika Whitmore added 13 points for the Fever, who shot 46 percent (28-of-61).
The Comets, who led, 67-61, entering the fourth quarter, had five players score in double-digits.
Reserve Latasha Byears scored 15 points and Tina Thompson added 13 on just 2-of-12 shooting with seven rebounds for Houston, which shot 41 percent (29-of-71) from the field.
Tamecka Dixon and Hamchetou Maiga-Ba each had 12 points and Sancho Little collected 10 for the Comets, who have lost three of their last four contests.
HOUSTON 77 FINAL
Jul 10 11:06 PM
HOUSTON 67 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 10 10:30 PM
HOUSTON 45 HALFTIME
Jul 10 9:48 PM
HOUSTON 22 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 10 9:20 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2
- New York Liberty sign free agent Shavonte Zellous Feb 1
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1