Man accused of posing as teen pleads not guiltyJun 11, 2010 - 7:00 PM ODESSA, Texas (AP) -- A 22-year-old man accused of posing as a teenager to become a high school basketball star in Texas pleaded not guilty to the six felony charges.
A spokesman for Guerdwich (GERD-itch) Montimer's attorney said Friday that Montimer waived his arraignment and entered not guilty pleas.
Montimer is accused of two counts of sexual assault, three counts of tampering with government records and identity theft.
Prosecutors say Montimer posed as a teenager named "Jerry Joseph" and played basketball last year at Odessa Permian High School. The West Texas school's football team inspired the book "Friday Night Lights."
The alleged fraud unraveled after coaches at an amateur basketball tournament said they recognized Montimer as a 2007 graduate of a Florida high school.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Boise St accepts invitation to join Mountain West Jun 11
- Missouri committed to Big 12 _ for now Jun 11
- Bjorn and Del Moral lead at Estoril Open Jun 11
- Nevada Supreme Court hearing OJ Simpson appeal Jun 11
- Colorado regents back move to Pac-10 Jun 11
- NCAA may boost penalties for hockey head shots Jun 11
- US, Great Britain and Ireland tied at Curtis Cup Jun 11
- Man gets 21 years in bull rider's heroin death Jun 11
- Celebs stateside ready for World Cup Jun 11
- Navarro wins 5th stage of Dauphine Jun 11
- Armstrong heads to Tour of Switzerland Jun 11