Warriors' Lee to undergo surgeryApr 25, 2012 - 11:56 PM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Golden State Warriors announced that forward David Lee will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
An MRI on April 13 revealed a strained groin and a stress reaction, and Lee was told by team doctors not to play until he is fully healed, or risk causing further substantial injury.
He has missed the last seven games due to the issue, and will miss Golden State's season finale on Thursday against the Spurs.
Lee's procedure will be performed by Dr. William Meyers in Philadelphia. A timetable for his return will be determined following the surgery, the team said.
Lee averaged 20.1 points and 9.6 rebounds this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Spurs take out Warriors for trip to Western Conference finals May 17
- Spurs hope to knock out Warriors in Game 6 May 16
- Spurs dominate 2nd half, take 3-2 series lead over Warriors May 15
- Spurs, Warriors return to San Antonio tied 2-2 May 14
- Warriors top Spurs in OT to tie series at 2-2 May 13
- Warriors try to even series with Spurs May 12
- Spurs roll past Warriors to grab series lead May 11
- Curry, Thompson lead Warriors in Game 3 against Spurs May 10
- Thompson leads Warriors past Spurs May 9
- Spurs hope to slow Curry, take 2-0 lead over Warriors May 8
- Spurs need epic comeback to survive Warriors in 2 OTs May 7
- Spurs, Warriors tip off Western semis in Alamo City May 6