Warriors' Lee to undergo surgeryApr 25, 2012 - 11:56 PM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - The Golden State Warriors announced that forward David Lee will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair a torn abdominal muscle.
An MRI on April 13 revealed a strained groin and a stress reaction, and Lee was told by team doctors not to play until he is fully healed, or risk causing further substantial injury.
He has missed the last seven games due to the issue, and will miss Golden State's season finale on Thursday against the Spurs.
Lee's procedure will be performed by Dr. William Meyers in Philadelphia. A timetable for his return will be determined following the surgery, the team said.
Lee averaged 20.1 points and 9.6 rebounds this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Curry, Thompson guide Warriors past Raptors 2:19a
- Warriors return home to face Raptors Tue
- Warriors edge Kings in thrilling finish Sun
- Warriors try to close trip with win in Sacramento Sun
- Westbrook, Thunder shock Warriors in OT Sat
- Thunder put win streak on line vs. Warriors Nov 29
- Nowitzki leads balanced Mavs in win over Warriors Nov 27
- Mavs, Warriors square off in Big D Nov 27
- Warriors hold off Hornets Nov 27
- Short-handed Warriors start road trip in Big Easy Nov 26
- Bogut, Mo Williams suspended for fight Nov 25
- Aldridge helps Portland rally past Golden State Nov 24