Springfield's Smith takes weekly honorsFeb 7, 2012 - 4:50 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - Jerry Smith of the Springfield Armor was today named NBA Development League Performer of the Week for games played Jan. 30- Feb. 5, when the Armor went 2-0.
Smith, a 6-2, 190-pound guard out of Louisville, averaged 26.5 points, 11.0 rebounds and 4.5 assists, while shooting 60 percent from the floor last week. He recorded back-to-back double-doubles against the Sioux Falls Skyforce, recording 27 points and 11 rebounds on Feb. 2 and 26 points and 11 rebounds on Feb. 3.
For the season, Smith is averaging 17.7 points, 5.2 rebounds and 4.0 assists in 22 games for the Armor.
Other top performers considered Reno's Blake Ahearn, who averaged 27.5 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists in two games; Tulsa's Jerome Dyson, who averaged 24.0 points and 3.0 rebounds in three games; Iowa's Mike Efevberha, who averaged 20.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in two games; Sioux Falls' Trey Gilder, who averaged 28.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in two games; Los Angeles' Gerald Green, who averaged 23.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in two games; Canton's Manny Harris, who averaged 17.3 points and 8.7 rebounds in three games; Maine's Kenny Hayes, who averaged 23.0 points and 6.5 assists in two games; Texas' Dominique Johnson, who averaged 15.0 points and 5.3 rebounds in three games; Erie's D.J. Kennedy, who averaged 19.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in two games; Fort Wayne's Darnell Lazare, who averaged 25.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in two games; Idaho's Mikki Moore, who averaged 11.5 points and 11.5 rebounds in two games; Rio Grande Valley's Greg Smith, who averaged 18.3 points and 3.5 rebounds in four games; Austin's Lance Thomas, who averaged 18.5 points and 6.3 rebounds in four games; Bakersfield's Jeremy Wise, who averaged 21.0 points and 9.5 assists in two games and Dakota's Chris Wright, who averaged 19.0 points and 11.0 rebounds in two games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bakersfield's Butch takes weekly honors Apr 9
- Rio Grande Valley's Goudelock takes weekly honors Apr 2
- Goudelock & Mitchell takes weekly honors Mar 26
- Springfield's Reed takes weekly honors Mar 19
- Rio Grande Valley's Glen Rice, Jr. takes weekly honors Mar 11
- Maine's Wright takes weekly honors Mar 5
- Springfield's Joseph takes weekly honors Feb 26
- Maine's Wright takes weekly honors Feb 14
- Sioux Falls' Nichols & Sloan takes weekly honors Feb 6
- Springfield's Shengelia takes weekly honors Jan 29
- Sioux Falls' Nichols takes weekly honors Jan 22
- Fort Wayne's Mitchell takes weekly honors Jan 10