Austin's Joseph takes weekly honorsMar 27, 2012 - 2:06 PM New York, NY (Sports Network) - Cory Joseph, a guard on assignment to the Austin Toros from the San Antonio Spurs, was today named NBA Development League Performer of the Week for games played March 19-25. The honor is the first for Joseph of his career.
Joseph, who is in the middle of his third assignment from the Spurs to the Toros, averaged 19.0 points, 9.3 assists and 9.0 rebounds last week as Austin went 3-0. He shot 57 percent from the field and 33 percent from three-point land, scoring an NBA D-League season-high 25 points in a 113-103 win over the Iowa Energy on March 21. He became the ninth NBA D-League player this season to record a triple-double when he tallied 15 points, 17 rebounds and 12 assists in a 112-82 win over the Maine Red Claws on March 23.
A 6-3, 185-pound guard out of Texas, Joseph is averaging 13.6 points, 5.2 assists, 5.1 rebounds and 32.0 minutes in nine games with the Toros this season. In 27 games with the Spurs this year, Joseph, who was the 29th overall selection in the 2011 NBA Draft, is averaging 1.7 points, 1.1 assists and 7.6 minutes.
Other top performers considered included Bakersfield's Juan Pattillo, who averaged 20.5 points and 8.0 rebounds in two games; Canton's Alan Anderson, who averaged 22.0 points and 4.3 rebounds in three games; Erie's Joey Graham, who averaged 20.5 points and 4.5 assists in two games; Fort Wayne's Vernon Macklin, who averaged 17.3 points and 17.3 rebounds in three games while on assignment from the Detroit Pistons; Idaho's Marcus Banks, who averaged 16.0 points and 9.0 rebounds in two games; Iowa's Ben Strong, who averaged 14.3 points and 12.3 rebounds in three games; Los Angeles' Jamario Moon, who averaged 17.5 points and 10.0 rebounds in two games; Maine's Morris Almond, who averaged 24.7 points and 7.7 rebounds in three games; Reno's Andre Emmett, who averaged 27.0 points and 3.7 rebounds in three games; Springfield's JamesOn Curry, who averaged 21.7 points and 6.3 assists in three games; Sioux Falls' Anthony Mason, who averaged 24.3 points and 7.0 rebounds in three games; Texas' Antonio Daniels, who averaged 12.7 points and 8.7 assists in three games and Tulsa's Larry Owens, who averaged 18.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in two games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Bakersfield's Butch takes weekly honors Apr 9
- Rio Grande Valley's Goudelock takes weekly honors Apr 2
- Goudelock & Mitchell takes weekly honors Mar 26
- Springfield's Reed takes weekly honors Mar 19
- Rio Grande Valley's Glen Rice, Jr. takes weekly honors Mar 11
- Maine's Wright takes weekly honors Mar 5
- Springfield's Joseph takes weekly honors Feb 26
- Maine's Wright takes weekly honors Feb 14
- Sioux Falls' Nichols & Sloan takes weekly honors Feb 6
- Springfield's Shengelia takes weekly honors Jan 29
- Sioux Falls' Nichols takes weekly honors Jan 22
- Fort Wayne's Mitchell takes weekly honors Jan 10