Agel out as Brown hoops coachMar 6, 2012 - 12:10 AM Providence, RI (Sports Network) - Brown University announced Monday it will not renew the contract of head men's basketball coach Jesse Agel.
Brown finished the 2011-12 campaign with an 8-23 record, including a 2-12 mark in Ivy League play. Only Dartmouth finished with a worse conference record in the Ivys.
This past season was Agel's fourth at the helm. He had been an assistant coach under Craig Robinson for two years before Robinson left the program to take over at Oregon State.
Agel went 39-79 during his head-coaching tenure at Brown, posting a woeful 14-42 Ivy League record.
"I want to thank Jesse for his six years of service to Brown, its basketball program and our student-athletes," said Brown athletics director Michael Goldberger.
Associate head coach TJ Sorrentine will take over on an interim basis.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Wolfpack's Brown to enter NBA Draft Mar 28
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- Cooley, No. 22 Notre Dame rout Brown Dec 8
- Irish set sights on Bears Dec 8
- Holy Cross extends head coach Brown Jul 10
- Wolfpack guard Brown has knee surgery Jun 26
- Wolfpack guard Brown to have surgery Jun 24
- Brown to name Mike Martin head coach May 31
- Larry Brown can't wait to 'practice' at SMU Apr 23
- Hall of Famer Larry Brown named bench boss at SMU Apr 19
- Longhorns' Brown going pro Apr 2