Duke's Rivers to announce plans next weekMar 23, 2012 - 4:17 PM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Duke University freshman guard Austin Rivers will apparently announce his future plans next week.
CBSSports.com reported Friday morning that Rivers has decided to turn pro and will sign with an agent. The university then said Rivers will likely make an announcement next week after discussing the issue this weekend with family.
"Austin Rivers is discussing his future plans with family this weekend; an official announcement is expected next week," a statement on the school's Twitter feed said after the report circulated.
Rivers, the son of Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers, led the Blue Devils in scoring this season with an average of 15.5 points per game. He also averaged 3.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 34 games, all but one as a starter.
Duke's season came to an abrupt end last week with a loss to Lehigh in the round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Cook, Parker carry Duke over Michigan Dec 4
- Top-25 showdown pits Wolverines against Blue Devils Dec 3
- Arizona tops Duke to claim preseason NIT Nov 29
- Blue Devils and Wildcats clash for NIT title Nov 29
- Parker leads No. 6 Duke past Alabama Nov 28
- Duke and Alabama meet in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Hood leads No. 6 Duke over East Carolina Nov 19
- Pirates put perfect mark on line versus sixth-ranked Blue Devils Nov 19
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18