Ohio State's Thomas to return for junior seasonApr 6, 2012 - 9:43 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Ohio State forward Deshaun Thomas will return for his junior season, head coach Thad Matta announced Friday.
"Deshaun, his family and our coaching staff have spent the last week evaluating his future," said Matta. "Deshaun determined he wants to remain a Buckeye. We are looking forward to building on the success our team enjoyed in 2011-12 with Deshaun playing a significant role next year."
Thomas led the Buckeyes in scoring and rebounding, at 15.9 points and 5.4 boards per game respectively, as the team won the Big Ten regular season title for the third consecutive year and advanced to the Final Four.
"We have a great team returning next season and I want to be a part of another championship run," Thomas said. "My family, my coaches and I looked at my future as a professional but I love being a Buckeye and want to continue my education and development as a player and as a person at Ohio State.
"If I do have an opportunity to play basketball professionally, I want to have an immediate impact," he added. "Working with my teammates and coaches at Ohio State will help me achieve my future goals."
Thomas shot 52 percent from the field (243-of-467) last season and scored 96 points in Ohio State's five NCAA Tournament games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Buckeyes' Thomas declares for draft Apr 5
- Shockers hold off Buckeyes to reach Final Four Mar 31
- Shockers battle Buckeyes in West Regional final Mar 29
- Ross' late 3-pointer lifts Ohio State over Arizona Mar 29
- Sweet 16 matchup pits Arizona against Ohio State Mar 27
- Triple delight: Craft sends Ohio State past ISU, into Sweet 16 Mar 24
- Cyclones, Buckeyes clash in West Regional fracas Mar 23
- Thomas, Ohio State roll over Iona Mar 22
- Buckeyes begin tournament play against Gaels Mar 21
- Buckeyes edge Badgers for Big Ten title Mar 17
- Badgers battle Buckeyes in Big Ten championship game Mar 17
- Ohio State advances to Big Ten final with win over Michigan State Mar 16