Ohio State's Thomas to return for junior seasonApr 6, 2012 - 9:43 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Ohio State forward Deshaun Thomas will return for his junior season, head coach Thad Matta announced Friday.
"Deshaun, his family and our coaching staff have spent the last week evaluating his future," said Matta. "Deshaun determined he wants to remain a Buckeye. We are looking forward to building on the success our team enjoyed in 2011-12 with Deshaun playing a significant role next year."
Thomas led the Buckeyes in scoring and rebounding, at 15.9 points and 5.4 boards per game respectively, as the team won the Big Ten regular season title for the third consecutive year and advanced to the Final Four.
"We have a great team returning next season and I want to be a part of another championship run," Thomas said. "My family, my coaches and I looked at my future as a professional but I love being a Buckeye and want to continue my education and development as a player and as a person at Ohio State.
"If I do have an opportunity to play basketball professionally, I want to have an immediate impact," he added. "Working with my teammates and coaches at Ohio State will help me achieve my future goals."
Thomas shot 52 percent from the field (243-of-467) last season and scored 96 points in Ohio State's five NCAA Tournament games.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Sat
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Sat
- Ross, Buckeyes cruise past Maryland Dec 4
- Terps hit road to challenge fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 4
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- No. 7 Ohio State takes down Wyoming Nov 26
- Wyoming visits Ohio State in intriguing non-league affair Nov 25
- Williams leads Ohio State over American Nov 21
- Eagles hoping to soar past eighth-ranked Buckeyes Nov 20
- Ohio State snaps Marquette's home win streak Nov 16
- Battle of ranked foes pits Buckeyes against Golden Eagles Nov 16