Vanderbilt's Jenkins to enter DraftApr 9, 2012 - 10:20 PM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Vanderbilt guard John Jenkins will enter the NBA Draft, the school announced Monday.
Jenkins, the SEC scoring champ over the past two seasons, will hire an agent, officially forgoing his final year of eligibility.
"I would like to thank my teammates, who provided me with so many opportunities to be successful and memories that I will never forget, and Coach Stallings and his staff, for preparing me for what lies ahead," said Jenkins. "I look forward to applying what he has taught me in the next phase of my basketball journey."
The Hendersonville, Tennessee native scored 1,660 points in his career as a Commodore, good for 10th on Vanderbilt's all-time list. That mark includes 306 three-point makes, the second-most in program history.
"I'm very happy for John as he has chosen this opportunity to pursue his professional career. This is something that he wants to do and has his family's blessing," Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings said. "We thank John for his incredible contributions over the last three years and wish him a long and prosperous professional career."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Boynton, Gators take SEC title with Senior Night win over Vanderbilt Mar 6
- Gators eye up SEC title as they play host to Commodores Mar 6
- Mizzou stomps on Vandy Jan 26
- Vanderbilt hits road seeking upset of No. 22 Missouri Jan 26
- No. 18 Butler cruises past Vanderbilt Dec 30
- No. 18 Butler takes act on the road against Vanderbilt Dec 29
- Taylor pushes Wisconsin past Vanderbilt Mar 17
- Commodores and Badgers meet in East Regional affair Mar 17
- Vanderbilt holds off Harvard Mar 15
- Red-hot Commodores being tourney play against Crimson Mar 15
- Vandy beats No. 1 UK for first SEC title in 61 years Mar 11