Report: CSU set to hire Eustachy as coachApr 11, 2012 - 11:05 PM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Larry Eustachy will be the next men's basketball coach at Colorado State, according to a report.
Eustachy, who has spent the past eight seasons at Southern Mississippi, will replace Tim Miles as coach of the Rams, the Denver Post reported Wednesday.
Under Eustachy, Southern Mississippi went 25-9 this past season and made the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 21 years as a No. 9 seed, but the Golden Eagles lost their first game to Kansas State.
Eustachy, 56, has also coached at Idaho, Utah State and Iowa State, where his stay ended in controversy in 2003 when he resigned after pictures surfaced of him at a college party.
Miles left to take the head coaching position at Nebraska last month. He led the Rams to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2003 last season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Top-seeded Louisville tramples Colorado State Mar 23
- Rams, Cards square off in third round of NCAA Tournament Mar 22
- Green, Rams down Tigers Mar 22
- Tigers butt heads with Rams in Midwest Regional Mar 20
- Memphis outlasts Southern Miss for 3rd straight C-USA crown Mar 16
- C-USA crown on line in clash between Southern Miss and Memphis Mar 16
- Williams explodes, Lobos knock off Colorado State Feb 23
- No. 21 Memphis rolls past Southern Miss Feb 23
- Tigers put C-USA perfection on the line against Golden Eagles Feb 23
- Lobos and Rams collide in top-25 MWC action Feb 23
- UNLV holds off No. 22 Colorado State Feb 21
- Rams butt heads with Runnin' Rebels in Mountain West showdown Feb 20