Report: CSU set to hire Eustachy as coachApr 11, 2012 - 11:05 PM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Larry Eustachy will be the next men's basketball coach at Colorado State, according to a report.
Eustachy, who has spent the past eight seasons at Southern Mississippi, will replace Tim Miles as coach of the Rams, the Denver Post reported Wednesday.
Under Eustachy, Southern Mississippi went 25-9 this past season and made the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 21 years as a No. 9 seed, but the Golden Eagles lost their first game to Kansas State.
Eustachy, 56, has also coached at Idaho, Utah State and Iowa State, where his stay ended in controversy in 2003 when he resigned after pictures surfaced of him at a college party.
Miles left to take the head coaching position at Nebraska last month. He led the Rams to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2003 last season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- No. 9 Louisville stifles Southern Miss en route to win Nov 29
- Cardinals set sights on red-hot Golden Eagles Nov 29
- Gonzaga handles Colorado State Nov 11
- Rams pay visit to 15th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 11
- Eustachy inks new contract with CSU Aug 6
- Top-seeded Louisville tramples Colorado State Mar 23
- Rams, Cards square off in third round of NCAA Tournament Mar 22
- Green, Rams down Tigers Mar 22
- Tigers butt heads with Rams in Midwest Regional Mar 20
- Memphis outlasts Southern Miss for 3rd straight C-USA crown Mar 16
- C-USA crown on line in clash between Southern Miss and Memphis Mar 16
- Williams explodes, Lobos knock off Colorado State Feb 23