Johnson helps Michigan St beat Western MichiganNov 22, 2009 - 11:30 PM GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.(AP) -- Lykendra Johnson scored 21 points and Aisha Jefferson added 12 to lead No. 21 Michigan State to a 74-51 win over Western Michigan on Sunday.
Michigan State's 6-foot-9 center Allyssa DeHaan added seven points, 11 rebounds and five blocks for the Spartans (2-2).
Johnson, who only missed one of her nine shots, had 16 points in the first half. Brittney Thomas scored at the buzzer to give the Spartans a 33-23 lead at halftime. The Spartans went on a 9-0 run to open the second half and led by double digits the rest of the way.
Sara Vest had 15 points and eight rebounds for Western Michigan (1-3).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Terps tackle Michigan State in second round Mar 25
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- Spartans upend Penn State to advance to Big Ten final Mar 9
- Penn State overcomes slow start to down Michigan State Feb 10
- Lady Lions cruise past Spartans Jan 6
- Strong first half helps Lady Cardinals soar past Michigan State Mar 17
- Green Bay extends win streak, advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Michigan State escapes, advances Mar 20
- Michigan State gets by Minnesota Feb 27
- Ohio State upends Michigan State Feb 24
- Iowa edges Michigan State in Top-20 matchup Jan 27
- Buckeyes halt Michigan State's winning streak Jan 16