Texas women's hoops coach Goestenkors resignsMar 19, 2012 - 10:16 PM Austin, TX (Sports Network) - Texas announced the resignation of head women's basketball coach Gail Goestenkors on Monday. Her last day will be Friday.
The Longhorns went 18-14 this season and were 8-10 in the Big 12, but lost to West Virginia in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Goestenkors led the Longhorns to five-straight NCAA Tournament appearances and compiled a 102-64 record during her five seasons at Texas.
Prior to coming to Texas, Goestenkors spent 15 seasons at Duke, where she led the Blue Devils to 13 NCAA Tournament appearances and four trips to the Final Four, with two ending in the national championship game.
In 20 years as a collegiate head coach, Goestenkors has posted a 498-163 record while guiding her teams to 18-straight NCAA Tournament berths.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Griner powers No. 1 Baylor past Texas Feb 23
- Baylor pounds Texas for 20th straight win Feb 10
- Texas names Aston women's basketball coach Apr 3
- Lady Mountaineers survive the Lady Longhorns' rally to advance Mar 17
- Baylor women secure Big 12 title with rout of Texas Feb 21
- Griner's double-double helps Baylor stay perfect Jan 15
- McMorris and Marquette march through Texas Mar 19
- Texas A&M cruises past Texas, reaches Big 12 semis Mar 9
- No. 5 Texas A&M fends off late Texas rally Feb 27
- Baylor beats up on Big-12 rival Texas Feb 12
- Adams helps Texas A&M down Texas Jan 19