Georgetown names Keith Brown women's hoops coachMay 7, 2012 - 6:09 PM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Georgetown has selected Keith Brown as its new women's basketball coach.
Brown had been the top assistant and head of recruiting for the past five seasons under Terri Williams-Flournoy, who left after eight years at the helm to take over the vacancy at Auburn.
"I am excited to be promoting Keith to head women's basketball coach," said Georgetown athletic director Lee Reed in a statement. "He has been an integral part of our success over the past few seasons and I am confident he can sustain the program's momentum. Keith is a proven recruiter and motivator, he has the ability to push these student-athletes both on the court and in the classroom and I look forward to what he will bring to the program."
Brown has helped the Hoyas to three straight NCAA Tournament appearances. The team was 23-9 this past season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Fighting Irish fend off Hoyas Jan 15
- Faris, Stewart carry UConn over Georgetown Jan 9
- No. 9 Maryland handles Brown Dec 28
- Lucas lifts Penn State to bounce-back win over Georgetown Dec 9
- Georgia Tech tackles Hoyas on way to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- No. 3 Connecticut dismantles No. 14 Georgetown Feb 11
- No letdown for Notre Dame against Georgetown Jan 10
- UConn fights past Georgetown to reach Elite Eight Mar 27
- Rodgers' career-high powers Georgetown Mar 22
- Georgetown moves on to round two Mar 20
- UConn downs Georgetown in Big East quarters Mar 6