Duquesne extends contract of women's hoops coachMay 14, 2012 - 9:56 PM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - Duquesne head women's basketball coach Suzie McConnell-Serio has agreed to a multi-year contract extension, the school said Monday.
The new deal runs through the 2017-18 season.
"We are committed to Suzie and the job she has done in building and leading our women's basketball program," said athletic director Greg Amodio. "Through passion and hard work, she has made our program into one that has not only made great strides, but also one that is positioned to do great things in the future.
"Duquesne women's basketball is clearly heading in the right direction under Suzie's guidance."
McConnell-Serio, a member of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, will enter her sixth season as head coach at Duquesne. She has led the Dukes to four 20- win seasons in a row and four straight berths in the Women's NIT.
The program had never recorded a 20-win season or made a postseason tournament appearance prior to McConnell-Serio's arrival.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Duquesne names Burt head coach Apr 27
- Phillips, Xavier push win streak to 13 games Feb 20
- Phillips leads No. 6 Xavier past Duquesne 74-55 Feb 13
- Duquesne upsets No. 20 Pittsburgh 72-63 Dec 29
- Beck leads George Washington past Duquesne Feb 2
- Sanni scores career-high 29 to fuel West Virginia Dec 7
- Duquesne women's hoops coach Durkin resigns Mar 14
- George Washington rolls over Duquesne Feb 8