Defensive tackle transfers to SE LouisianaAug 4, 2011 - 2:41 PM Hammond, LA (Sports Network) - Former Iowa State defensive tackle Jerrod Black has transferred to Southeastern Louisiana and is immediately eligible for the 2011 season.
The 6-foot-1, 300-pound Black, from Houston, has one year remaining. Last season, he played in three games for Iowa State as a redshirt junior.
"It's very difficult at our level to recruit big defensive linemen and we're very happy to have Jerrod Black in camp," Southeastern Louisiana University head coach Mike Lucas said. "Jerrod is a 300-pounder who we feel can come in and make an immediate impact up front."
Southeastern Louisiana, which finished 2-9 last season, opens its 2011 campaign on Sept. 3 at Tulane.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Southeastern Louisiana hoping for banner season Feb 28
- Southeastern Louisiana signs former Oregon QB Jan 22
- Southeastern Louisiana, Southeast Missouri set two-year series Jan 9
- Southeastern Louisiana signs 11 midyear transfers Jan 7
- SE Louisiana's Alford to play in Senior Bowl Nov 21
- Sam Houston State, SE Louisiana players suspended Oct 22
- Southeastern Louisiana adds LSU transfer May 24
- Southeastern Louisiana adds three more signees Jan 21
- SE Louisiana's Roberts adds familiar coordinators Jan 10
- SE Louisiana to get former Superdome turf Jan 9
- Former Ole Miss QB transfers to SE Louisiana Jun 29