Nate Montana leaving Grizzlies programMay 16, 2012 - 2:38 PM Missoula, MT (Sports Network) - Nate Montana, son of NFL Hall of Famer Joe Montana, is transferring from the University of Montana to an NCAA Division II program in West Virginia.
Grizzlies coach Mick Delaney told The Missoulian newspaper on Tuesday that Montana is transferring to West Virginia Wesleyan in Buckhannon, W.Va.
He added Montana, who had transferred to Montana from Notre Dame last year and has one season of eligibility remaining, is seeking more playing time.
Montana was a backup who played in eight games for the Grizzlies.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Montana reinstates Johnson to football team Mar 5
- Montana coach believes acquitted Johnson wants to play again Mar 4
- Montana will have co-offensive coordinators Dec 7
- Montana seeks winning season versus bitter rival Nov 16
- Montana to play six at home in 2013 Nov 7
- Montana suspends three football players Oct 29
- North Dakota's Hardin sets Big Sky record in win over Montana Oct 20
- Grizzlies to open 2014 season at Wyoming Sep 20
- Haslam named Montana athletic director Sep 12
- In the FCS Huddle: A chance to reward Montana and App State Sep 6
- In the FCS Huddle: A chance to reward Montana and App State Sep 5
- Montana to visit Huskies in 2017 Aug 24