Southern Utah adds Utah transferJun 15, 2012 - 2:34 PM Cedar City, UT (Sports Network) - Utah redshirt junior Griff McNabb, who ranked second in the Pac-12 in punt return average last season, will transfer to Southern Utah.
In dropping from the FBS to FCS level, McNabb will be eligible for each of the next two seasons.
McNabb averaged 7.5 yards on 12 returns and set up the game-tying touchdown in the Sun Bowl with a 31-yard punt return against Georgia Tech. He is a 5-foot-7, 160-pound wide receiver out of Pocatello, Idaho.
"I really enjoyed my time at Utah and made a lot of good friends. I feel that with my size and the level of competition that Utah is playing now, I'd have a better chance to pursue my goals and dreams at SUU," McNabb told the Deseret News.
Southern Utah kicks off its season on Aug. 30 at Utah State. The Thunderbirds, who feature senior quarterback Brad Sorensen, are joining the Big Sky Conference.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Southern Utah to play 12-game schedule for first time Feb 21
- Southern Utah upsets No. 1 Eastern Washington Oct 27
- Southern Utah field getting synthetic turf Jun 29
- Southern Utah to host five games in 2012 Mar 14
- Southern Utah takes 55-24 win over UC Davis Oct 30
- Southern Utah tops South Dakota 31-13 Oct 23
- Southern Utah tops Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 20-7 Oct 16
- Southern Utah gets by North Dakota 31-21 Oct 9
- Northern Arizona rallies for 26-23 victory Oct 2
- Texas State defeats Southern Utah 42-28 Sep 25
- San Jose State rallies past Southern Utah 16-11 Sep 19