Murray State player diesJun 15, 2012 - 7:49 PM Murray, KY (Sports Network) - Murray State football player Jeffery Richard died on Thursday, the university's athletic department announced Friday.
Richard, a sophomore defensive end from Elizabethtown, Ky., was 19.
The cause of death wasn't announced by the Ohio Valley Conference school.
"We are deeply saddened by the loss of Jeff," Murray State football coach Chris Hatcher said. "He was a fine young man and outstanding member of our football team. His departure from us is tragic and he will be missed greatly. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family during this very difficult time."
Richard played in all 11 games as a true freshman, including starts in the final three games of the season. He made 21 tackles and a sack, and also contributed on special teams.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Murray State to open at Missouri, host six Feb 20
- Anders out as Murray State defensive coordinator Jan 9
- Florida State crushes Murray State Sep 2
- Seminoles lift lid on 2012 campaign against visiting Racers Aug 29
- Murray State adds another FBS transfer Aug 15
- Murray State to visit Florida State, host five Feb 28
- Murray State extends Hatcher through 2015 Jan 5
- Murray State signs four JUCO linemen Dec 21
- Murray State sign four JUCO linemen Dec 21
- Murray State's Barnett may play two ways Sep 30
- In the FCS Huddle: Murray State's offense back to the races Aug 9