Brigham Young gives Mendenhall contract extensionAug 2, 2007 - 12:41 AM PROVO, Utah (Ticker) -- Brigham Young athletic director Tom Holmoe announced Wednesday that football coach Bronco Mendenhall has agreed to a contract extension through the 2011 season.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Entering his third season as coach at BYU, Mendenhall is 17-8 with the Cougars. He guided them to an 11-2 record last season, including a rout of Oregon in the Las Vegas Bowl.
Last season, BYU won the outright Mountain West Conference Championship with a perfect 8-0 record, and Mendenhall was named the MWC Coach of the Year.
"Bronco has done a tremendous job of re-establishing BYU's tradition of football excellence and leading the program back to national prominence," Holmoe said. "The BYU football program is heading in the right direction, and I credit Bronco's leadership qualities for the success we've enjoyed in his first two seasons.
"He, his staff and his players have helped create a solid foundation for long-term success. His commitment to doing things the right way, both on and off the field, has brought back a great deal of excitement and hope for the future of BYU football."
Mendenhall was an assistant at BYU before replacing Gary Crowton.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- BYU visit finalizes Idaho State schedule Jan 29
- BYU downs San Diego State in Poinsettia Bowl Dec 21
- BYU and San Diego State duke it out in Poinsettia Bowl Dec 20
- Notre Dame avoids upset with win over BYU Oct 21
- No. 5 Irish set sights on Cougars Oct 17
- Vaz steps up as No. 10 Beavers blow past BYU Oct 13
- Beavers set sights on Cougars in non-conference matchup Oct 10
- Atkinson, No. 24 Boise State hold off BYU Sep 21
- BYU battles Boise State in Thursday night action Sep 19
- Utah barely holds off No. 25 BYU, own fans in win Sep 16
- BYU and Utah add another chapter to bitter rivalry Sep 12
- NCAA Football Preview - BYU Cougars Aug 23