North Dakota's Duncan, Notre Dame's Brown among Hobey finalistsMar 15, 2007 - 11:16 PM ST. PAUL, Minnesota (Ticker) -- North Dakota forward Ryan Duncan and Notre Dame goaltender David Brown were among a group of 10 finalists announced Thursday for the 2007 Hobey Maker Memorial Award.
Duncan, 21, was named the Western Collegiate Hockey Association Player of the Year after scoring league highs of 29 goals and 51 points this season. The 5-6 sophomore is third in the nation in goals and fifth in points.
The MVP of the Dartmouth Christmas Tournament, Duncan led the Fighting Sioux to a 21-12-5 overall record this season and third place in the WCHA. He leads the nation with six game-winning goals and is second in the country with 16 power-play tallies.
Brown, 22, went 27-5-3 this season with a 1.64 goals-against average, a .928 save percentage and five shutouts. The senior backstopped the Fighting Irish to a 29-6-3 overall record and the regular-season title in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.
Also among the finalists were St. Lawrence defenseman Drew Bagnall, Boston University goaltender John Curry, Air Force forward Eric Ehn, St. Cloud State netminder Bobby Goepfert, Michigan center T.J. Hensick, Dartmouth right wing David Jones, Nebraska-Omaha forward Scott Parse and center Nathan Davis of Miami (Ohio).
The players were selected from a panel of all 59 Division I coaches and by online balloting on the award's official web site.
The group will be narrowed to three March 28 by a 25-member selection committee and additional fan balloting. The winner will be named April 6 during the Frozen Four, college hockey's national championship.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Boston College wins NCAA hockey title Apr 13
- BC, Notre Dame meet for hockey title Apr 12
- Boston College, Notre Dame advance at Frozen Four Apr 11
- Boston College rolls in Frozen Four semifinals Apr 10
- Frozen Four begins Thursday Apr 10
- 2008 Hobey Baker Award finalists announced Mar 20
- Hobey Baker Award to be presented Friday Apr 6
- Boston College, Michigan State move on at Frozen Four Apr 6
- Michigan State beats Maine at Frozen Four Apr 5
- Michigan State meets Maine in Frozen Four grudge match Apr 5
- Michigan State meets Maine in Frozen Four grudge match Apr 4
- Duncan, Ehn, Brown named Hobey Baker Award finalists Mar 28