Radulov, Kostitsyn to miss Game 3 for PredsMay 1, 2012 - 5:21 PM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Nashville forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn will miss Game 3 of the Predators' Western Conference semifinal series against Phoenix on Wednesday for violating team rules.
The Predators trail the best-of-seven set, 2-0, after dropping both games in Phoenix this past weekend.
Predators general manager David Poile did not divulge the exact reason for the decision on Tuesday.
"The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things," Poile said in a statement. "We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates."
Radulov leads the Predators with six points in seven playoff games this spring, while Kostitsyn's three goals are tied for the team lead with Gabriel Bourque.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Predators' Rinne out 4 months after hip surgery May 9
- Predators give Hornqvist five-year deal Apr 30
- Columbus finishes season strongly, tops Nashville Apr 27
- Blue Jackets host Preds in big game at Nationwide Arena Apr 27
- Red Wings pick up big win over Predators Apr 26
- Red Wings shoot for another big win against Preds Apr 25
- Predators edge Flames to halt skid Apr 24
- Flames aim to stay hot against Predators Apr 23
- Chicago edges Nashville in OT for seventh straight win Apr 20
- Blackhawks try to move closer to top record in clash with Preds Apr 19
- Canucks eliminate Predators from playoff contention Apr 16
- Canucks try to bounce back against punchless Preds Apr 15