Avalanche sign RWs Guite, McCormickJun 15, 2007 - 9:46 PM DENVER (Ticker) -- The Colorado Avalanche retained the services of a pair of right wings Friday, signing Ben Guite to a two-year contract and inking Cody McCormick to a one-year deal.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
A seventh-round pick of Montreal in 1997, Guite played 39 games for Colorado last season after signing as a free agent in July, recording three goals and eight assists. The 28-year-old made his NHL debut in 2005-06, appearing in one contest with the Boston Bruins.
In just under half a season with the Avalanche, Guite was second on the team with two shorthanded points and third with a 49.5 percent success rate on faceoffs.
"Ben provided some quality minutes during our stretch run," Colorado general manager Francois Giguere said. "We look for him to continue his role on our team."
McCormick began 2006-07 with the Avalanche but registered just one assist in six games before being sent to Albany of the American Hockey League. The 24-year-old scored eight goals and 16 points in 42 regular-season contests with the River Rats before adding a tally in five playoff games.
Selected in the fifth round of the 2001 draft, McCormick has appeared in 95 contests over parts of three seasons with Colorado, collecting six goals, eight assists and 108 penalty minutes.
"Cody has almost 100 games of NHL experience," Giguere said. "He brings an element of grit and energy to our organization."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Avs name Sakic VP of hockey operations May 10
- Avalanche win top pick in 2013 NHL Draft Apr 29
- Avs fire coach Sacco after last-place finish in West Apr 28
- Wild beat Avs, gain final playoff spot in West Apr 27
- Wild get another chance to clinch playoff spot in Colorado Apr 27
- Avs get past Coyotes in SO Apr 27
- Coyotes try to continue dominance of Avalanche Apr 26
- Blues secure playoff spot with win over Avs Apr 24
- Blues try again to clinch playoff spot vs. Avs Apr 23
- Avalanche overwhelm playoff-hopeful Blues Apr 22
- Blues try to stay hot in home-and-home opener against Avs Apr 21
- Oilers snap skid with win over Avs Apr 19