Blackhawks re-sign LW KociJun 28, 2007 - 11:45 PM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- With hopes of becoming better offensively next season, the Chicago Blackhawks definitely got tougher Thursday, re-signing rugged left wing David Koci to a new contract.
Terms were not disclosed.
A fifth-round pick of the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2000, Koci made his NHL debut with Chicago last season, recording 88 penalty minutes in just nine games. At 6-6, 238 pounds, the 26-year-old Czech appeared in his first NHL contest against Phoenix on March 10, collecting a total of 42 penalty minutes in the game.
Koci spent the majority of 2006-07 with Norfolk of the American Hockey League, registering one assist and a whopping 223 penalty minutes in 44 games with the Admirals.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Blackhawks play host to Emery, Flyers 10:59a
- Blackhawks rip through Stars to gain NHL's best record Wed
- Blackhawks' Crawford to miss three weeks Tue
- Blackhawks hit the road to battle Stars Tue
- Blackhawks handle Panthers Mon
- Blackhawks host Panthers, try to end rare three-game slide Sun
- Ducks top Blackhawks in shootout Sat
- Blackhawks try to get back on track vs. Ducks Dec 6
- Wild post comeback win over Blackhawks Dec 6
- Blackhawks try to bounce back against Wild Dec 5
- Roussel sends Stars past Blackhawks Dec 4
- Kane, Malkin, Harding named NHL's best for November Dec 3