Kings extend affiliation with ECHL's Reading RoyalsAug 8, 2007 - 11:19 PM READING, Pennsylvania (Ticker) -- The Los Angeles Kings and Reading Royals will be together for a seventh consecutive season.
The Kings on Wednesday renewed their affiliation agreement with the ECHL club, which has had relations with Los Angeles since its inception in 2001.
Reading also renewed its association with the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League.
"Our organization is very happy to extend our affiliate agreement with the Reading Royals," said Kings assistant general manager Ron Hextall, who also is the GM of the Monarchs. "Over the past six seasons, the Royals organization and the city of Reading have played key roles in the success of our franchise by giving our prospects a great place to play as they develop their skills and improve their games."
Among the players who found their way from Reading to Los Angeles last season was goaltender Yutaka Fukufuji, who became the first Japanese-born player to appear in an NHL game.
"From the very beginning of the Royals organization, our relationship with the Kings and Monarchs has been an important part of our hockey operations structure," Royals GM Gordon Kaye said. "Every year, our affiliation with Los Angeles and Manchester provides our fans with an opportunity to enjoy watching a number of highly motivated prospects who are dedicated to improving their games, advancing their careers and winning in Reading."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kings edge Ducks in lengthy shootout Wed
- Ducks host Pacific showdown with rival Kings Tue
- Toffoli, Kings top Blues Tue
- Kings, Blues meet for first time since playoffs Mon
- Cammalleri's late tally lifts Flames over Kings Sun
- Kings host Flames seeking club-record point streak Nov 30
- Thornton, Sharks beat Kings in shootout Nov 28
- Kings put 10-game point streak on the line in San Jose Nov 27
- Kopitar's OT tally sends Kings past Canucks Nov 26
- Canucks host Kings in clash between low-scoring clubs Nov 25
- Avs blank Kings Nov 24
- Avs visit Kings for Western Conference showdown Nov 23