Canucks recall RW Brown from minorsNov 19, 2007 - 11:38 PM VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Ticker) -- The Vancouver Canucks on Monday recalled right wing Mike Brown from Manitoba of the American Hockey League.
A fifth-round pick in 2004, Brown has recorded two goals, one assist and 69 penalty minutes in 17 games with the Moose this season. The 22-year-old Illinois native has yet to make his NHL debut.
To make room on the roster for Brown, the Canucks assigned right wing Jannik Hansen to Manitoba.
The 21-year-old Hansen appeared in five games with Vancouver but failed to record a point. The Dane, who was a ninth-round selection in the 2004 draft, also saw action in one contest with Manitoba this campaign.
Hansen got his start in the NHL last spring, when he recorded one assist and 14 penalty minutes in 10 playoff games with the Canucks.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Canucks ax Vigneault, rest of coaching staff Wed
- Sharks sweep Canucks May 8
- Sharks shoot for sweep of Canucks May 7
- Sharks pound Canucks to take 3-0 series lead May 6
- Down 2-0, Canucks head to San Jose May 5
- Torres' OT goal gives Sharks 2-0 series lead May 4
- Luongo, Canucks hope to rebound against Sharks in Game 2 May 3
- Sharks take Game 1 in Vancouver May 2
- Luongo to start Canucks' playoff opener May 1
- Canucks host Sharks in Game 1 May 1
- Stanley Cup Playoff Preview - Vancouver vs. San Jose Apr 30
- Yakupov's hat trick lifts Oilers over Canucks Apr 28