Isles recall RW JackmanDec 13, 2007 - 9:22 PM UNIONDALE, New York (Ticker) -- The New York Islanders made a pair of moves Thursday, recalling right wing Tim Jackman from Bridgeport and assigning left wing Jeff Tambellini to the American Hockey League club.
Signed as a free agent in July, Jackman appeared in eight games with the Islanders earlier this season, recording one assist and 19 penalty minutes. The 26-year-old native of North Dakota also has notched four goals and 12 points in 16 contests with the Sound Tigers.
A second-round pick of Columbus in 2001, Jackman has collected one goal, three assists and 66 penalty minutes in 40 career NHL games with the Blue Jackets, Phoenix Coyotes, Los Angeles Kings and Islanders.
Tambellini, whose father Steve also played for New York, failed to record a point in eight contests with the Islanders this season. The 23-year-old also has appeared in 20 games with Bridgeport, scoring seven tallies and 21 points.
Drafted 27th overall by Los Angeles in 2003 and acquired by New York in March 2006, Tambellini has amassed three goals and 10 assists in 56 NHL games with the Kings and Islanders.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Islanders bring back Boulton May 17
- Marching on: Penguins beat Isles in OT, advance to second round May 12
- Pens aim to eliminate Isles in Game 6 May 11
- Top Shelf: Vokoun comes through in a pinch May 10
- Crosby, Ovechkin and Tavares named Hart Trophy finalists May 10
- Vokoun, Penguins shut out Isles for 3-2 series lead May 9
- Isles aim for series lead in pivotal Game 5 at Pittsburgh May 9
- Worth the Wait: Isles best Penguins to even series May 7
- Pens aim to extend lead over Isles in Game 4 May 7
- Pens top Isles in OT, take 2-1 lead in series May 5
- Top-seeded Pens aim to rebound against Isles in Game 3 May 5
- Isles rally past Pens, Crosby scores twice in return May 4