Isles recall RW JackmanDec 13, 2007 - 9:22 PM UNIONDALE, New York (Ticker) -- The New York Islanders made a pair of moves Thursday, recalling right wing Tim Jackman from Bridgeport and assigning left wing Jeff Tambellini to the American Hockey League club.
Signed as a free agent in July, Jackman appeared in eight games with the Islanders earlier this season, recording one assist and 19 penalty minutes. The 26-year-old native of North Dakota also has notched four goals and 12 points in 16 contests with the Sound Tigers.
A second-round pick of Columbus in 2001, Jackman has collected one goal, three assists and 66 penalty minutes in 40 career NHL games with the Blue Jackets, Phoenix Coyotes, Los Angeles Kings and Islanders.
Tambellini, whose father Steve also played for New York, failed to record a point in eight contests with the Islanders this season. The 23-year-old also has appeared in 20 games with Bridgeport, scoring seven tallies and 21 points.
Drafted 27th overall by Los Angeles in 2003 and acquired by New York in March 2006, Tambellini has amassed three goals and 10 assists in 56 NHL games with the Kings and Islanders.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Isles down Sharks in SO 2:39a
- Isles aim to halt epic slide in San Jose Tue
- Ducks top struggling Islanders Tue
- Isles try to halt free fall in Anaheim Mon
- Jones' first shutout sends Kings past skidding Islanders Sun
- Skidding Isles take on Kings in LA Sat
- Blues beat up on hapless Islanders Dec 6
- Blues hope to avoid 3rd straight setback in meeting with Isles Dec 5
- Crosby's OT magic lifts Pens over Islanders Dec 4
- Islanders aim to get on track in clash with Penguins Dec 3
- Islanders can't hold late lead, lose to Caps in OT Dec 1
- Islanders aim to shake off slump in home test with Capitals Nov 30