Team USA F Bosh withdraws due to foot injuryAug 16, 2007 - 1:07 AM LAS VEGAS (Ticker) -- Team USA can add another player to its ongoing injury list.
On Wednesday, Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh withdrew from training camp and the Tournament of the Americas due to plantar fasciitis in his left foot, according to the national team's web site.
"It's disappointing because Chris did a great job for us last year and he's only gotten better - he's an All-Star," USA coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "But the health of a player is the most important thing."
Bosh's injury comes just two days after Chicago Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich and Houston Rockets forward Shane Battier both withdrew for personal reasons. Bosh will remain on the team and under consideration for a spot if they qualify for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
"This is real tough for me but I have to be safe, that's what the doctors told me," Bosh said. "They said it could evolve into something worse than what it is now. I still feel like I'm a part of the team and I'm here to show my support and show that I'm serious about being a part of the team."
Team USA already has a host of players unable to play in the FIBA Americas tournament because of various injuries, including No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden (tonsillitis) of the Portland Trail Blazers, Boston Celtics swingman Paul Pierce (elbow) and Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom (shoulder).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Team USA to prep for Olympics in Shanghai Jun 2
- Team USA captures gold with convincing win Sep 2
- With Olympic bid clinched, U.S. faces Argentina in FIBA final Sep 2
- Team USA hammers Puerto Rico, qualfies for Olympics Sep 1
- Bryant dominates first quarter as U.S. wins again Aug 31
- James, Anthony lead U.S. to another convincing win Aug 29
- Bryant, Anthony, James headline USA FIBA roster Aug 21
- Team USA adds F Collison to senior national team Aug 13
- Billups wants Team USA to resemble Dream Team Jul 20
- USA Basketball names roster for mini-training camp Jul 17
- Pistons' Ronzone named Team USA international scouting director Jul 12