Soul pick off GladiatorsJun 15, 2008 - 5:14 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Eddie Moten intercepted a two-point conversion pass in the end zone with five seconds to play, preserving the Philadelphia Soul's 62-61 victory over the Cleveland Gladiators on Saturday night.
Otis Amey caught his fourth scoring pass of the night, a 9-yard toss from Raymond Philyaw, to pull Cleveland (8-7) within 62-61. The Gladiators then eschewed the extra point and the tie, but Moten made a leaping catch to end the game.
Matt D'Orazio threw for 283 yards and six touchdown passes, including a 15-yard strike to Chris Jackson with 37 seconds to play that gave the Soul (12-3) a 62-55 lead.
Philyaw finished 26-of-38 for 319 yards while Amey hauled in nine catches for 91 yards. Neither quarterback had an interception until Philyaw was picked off on the final conversion attempt.
- CLEVELAND: 61
Jun 14 10:51 PM
PHILADELPHIA 62 FINAL
Gladiators 61, Soul 62 FinalJun 14 10:51 PM
PHILADELPHIA 48 END, 3RD QTR
Gladiators 48, Soul 48 End of 3rdJun 14 10:51 PM
PHILADELPHIA 41 0:00 LEFT, 2ND QTR
Gladiators 35, Soul 41 HalfJun 14 8:31 PM
- CLEVELAND: 14
End of 1st
Jun 14 7:37 PM
PHILADELPHIA 20 END, 1ST QTR
Gladiators 14, Soul 20 End of 1stJun 14 7:37 PM
- Soul down SaberCats, claim first Arena title Jul 28
- Eight TDs by D'Orazio lead Soul to first ArenaBowl Jul 12
- Soul QB D'Orazio named Arena MVP Jul 9
- Philyaw, Gladiators top Force Jul 8
- Late-game heroics send Soul to conference finals Jul 5
- Gladiators outlast Predators in playoffs Jul 1
- Jackson, defense help Soul pound Dragons Jun 22
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- D'Orazio, Jackson lift Soul past Desperados Jun 8
- Philyaw, Amey carry Gladiators past Rush Jun 8
- Desperados clinch playoff spot Jun 1