Reds trade Janish to BravesJul 14, 2012 - 9:51 PM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - The Cincinnati Reds acquired pitcher Todd Redmond from the Atlanta Braves in exchange for infielder Paul Janish.
The 27-year-old right-hander was 6-6 with a 3.58 earned run average for Triple-A Gwinnett. He will report to Triple-A Louisville.
Janish, who primarily plays shortstop, is hitting .237 for Louisville with four home runs in 49 games. Last season, the 29-year-old hit .214 in 114 games with Cincinnati.
The Braves are without shortstop Andrelton Simmons, who broke his finger on Sunday and will miss a month, and lost shortstop Jack Wilson who left Friday night's game against the Mets with a right hand injury.
- Twins rely on Pelfrey in Atlanta 10:50a
- Reds hope to add to Mets' misery 10:48a
- Teheran, Braves stifle Twins 12:31a
- Bruce's blast leads Reds over Mets 12:06a
- Reds activate Cueto from DL 11:51p
- Reds activate Cueto from DL Mon
- Reds' Votto claims NL Player of the Week honor Mon
- Twins hope to recover in rare trip to Atlanta Mon
- Cueto returns from DL to face Mets Mon
- Phillies stun Reds with ninth-inning comeback Sun
- Braves overtake Dodgers with late surge Sun
- Bailey tries to string back-to-back wins together in Philly Sun