Farmar to try for NBA-NBDL double dutyApr 1, 2007 - 9:40 PM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Jordan Farmar is going to need some April fuel.
Farmar, a rookie guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, can become the first player to play in a D-League game and NBA game on the same day.
On Saturday night, Farmar was assigned by the Lakers to the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the D-League, the NBA's developmental league. He started their game against the Anaheim Arsenal.
A Lakers spokeswoman said Farmar will be recalled by the NBA club after that game and will be in uniform for Sunday night's contest against the Sacramento Kings. She said there is no guarantee that Farmar will play, however.
Both games are at the Staples Center. The NBDL game began at 5:30 p.m. EDT and the NBA game starts at 9:30 p.m., giving Farmar approximately about one hour to rest between contests.
Farmar has averaged 4.8 points in 62 games with the Lakers this season but had played just twice in the last six contests. He had not played in the D-League this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Kobe returns for tilt with Toronto 9:44a
- Lakers slip past Kings Sat
- Kobe to make season debut Sunday Fri
- Stretching the Field: Beware the Black Mamba Fri
- No Kobe as Lakers visit Sacramento Fri
- Lakers' Farmar out four weeks Dec 2
- Blazers hold off Lakers Dec 2
- Blazers hope to start new win streak against Lakers Dec 1
- Lakers rally to beat Pistons Nov 30
- Lakers pay a visit to The Palace Nov 29
- Lakers withstand rally, beat Nets Nov 28
- Lakers continue road trip in Brooklyn Nov 27