Farmar to try for NBA-NBDL double dutyApr 1, 2007 - 9:40 PM LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Jordan Farmar is going to need some April fuel.
Farmar, a rookie guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, can become the first player to play in a D-League game and NBA game on the same day.
On Saturday night, Farmar was assigned by the Lakers to the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the D-League, the NBA's developmental league. He started their game against the Anaheim Arsenal.
A Lakers spokeswoman said Farmar will be recalled by the NBA club after that game and will be in uniform for Sunday night's contest against the Sacramento Kings. She said there is no guarantee that Farmar will play, however.
Both games are at the Staples Center. The NBDL game began at 5:30 p.m. EDT and the NBA game starts at 9:30 p.m., giving Farmar approximately about one hour to rest between contests.
Farmar has averaged 4.8 points in 62 games with the Lakers this season but had played just twice in the last six contests. He had not played in the D-League this season.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Lakers' Gasol undergoes knee procedure May 9
- Lakers' Gasol to have knee procedure May 8
- Stretching the Field: There's nothing for Howard to mull over May 1
- Lakers' Jamison has surgery Apr 30
- Spurs sweep injury-plagued Lakers Apr 28
- Spurs ready to put down injury-ravaged Lakers Apr 28
- Spurs bury depleted Lakers to take 3-0 lead Apr 27
- Depleted Lakers welcome Spurs to Staples Center Apr 26
- Nash doubtful, Blake out for Lakers Apr 25
- Spurs grab 2-0 lead in win over Lakers Apr 25
- No Kobe tweeting when Lakers, Spurs meet in Game 2 Apr 24
- Big 3 pushes Spurs past Kobe-less Lakers Apr 21