Timberwolves sign G ShvedJul 25, 2012 - 3:24 PM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Timberwolves signed guard Alexey Shved on Wednesday.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Shved, 23, has spent the last six years playing for the CSKA Moscow in the Russian League.
"We are excited to have Alexey join the Minnesota Timberwolves," Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn said. "Alexey has been regarded as one of the best young talents in Europe for the past few seasons and will be a tremendous addition to our club. He is a smooth, fast-paced player who brings great shooting and passing abilities to our team. He will fit in well with our style of play and we look forward to seeing him a Timberwolves uniform."
Shved averaged 11.6 points, 3.0 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 23 games last season and was named the 2012 BEKO PBL Playoffs MVP with 14.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 4.0 assists while shooting 60.0 percent from three-point range during the postseason.
- Minnesota tops Philly 12:11a
- T'Wolves aim to stay hot versus Sixers Wed
- Love, Timberwolves pound Pistons Wed
- Wolves visit Motor City for clash with Pistons Tue
- Timberwolves' Brewer fined for flopping Mon
- James' double-double leads Heat over Wolves Sun
- Heat hope to halt slide in Minnesota Sat
- Spurs-Timberwolves game postponed due to smoke Dec 4
- Spurs, Wolves head to Mexico City Dec 4
- Durant leads Thunder past Wolves Dec 2
- Thunder aim to exact revenge on T'Wolves Dec 1
- Martin leads Timberwolves to win over struggling Mavs Dec 1