Timberwolves sign Brandon RoyJul 31, 2012 - 7:24 PM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Timberwolves have signed guard Brandon Roy.
After multiple surgeries, Roy saw the cartilage in his knees deteriorate, forcing him to walk away from the game in 2011.
A three-time All-Star, Roy established himself as one of the NBA's best shooting guards when healthy during his five years in Portland. He was named Rookie of the Year in 2007 despite playing in only 57 games, averaging 16.8 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.0 assists. Roy averaged 22.6 points in 2008-09 and 21.5 the following season.
During his career, Roy has averaged 19 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.7 assists, while shooting 46 percent.
"Brandon's talent, experience and leadership will be helpful to our young team," said Minnesota president of basketball operations David Kahn, Timberwolves president of basketball operations. "He has proven to be one of the best shot-makers and clutch performers in the NBA over his career. We're confident in his ability to return to play at a high level and we look forward to him continuing his career in a Timberwolves uniform."
- Tommie Hawkins Gonna continue stellar career.Wolves gonna b smart with practice and playing time. Lots of rest. Practice time will b very limited since the NBA plays back to backs a lot and all the games not nessecary to be on the floor in practice. Nice pick up. All-Pro talent..
Timberwolves sign Brandon RoyJul 31 4:19 PM
- Timberwolves waive Roy May 10
- Saunders named new T-Wolves president, part owner May 3
- Kahn out, Saunders in after T-Wolves' shakeup May 2
- Balanced attack helps Timberwolves edge Spurs Apr 18
- McGrady, Spurs host Timberwolves in season finale Apr 17
- Jazz keep hopes alive in win over T'Wolves Apr 16
- Jazz continue push toward playoffs in meeting with Wolves Apr 15
- Timberwolves snap skid, top Suns Apr 14
- Wolves welcome Suns to Target Center Apr 13
- Jefferson drops 40 as Jazz down T'Wolves Apr 13
- Jazz hope to stay alive in playoff race, host Wolves Apr 12
- Griffin, Paul push Clippers past Timberwolves Apr 11