Babbitt scores 19 in Nevada's 76-68 win over IdahoJan 17, 2010 - 5:36 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 19 points and Armon Johnson added 17 to lead Nevada to a 76-68 win over Idaho on Saturday night.
Babbitt also grabbed nine rebounds for the Wolf Pack (11-7, 3-2 WAC), while Joey Shaw finished with 15 points and Brandon Fields scored 14.
Mac Hopson finished with 16 points to lead the Vandals (8-8, 1-4 WAC). Steffan Johnson had 13 points and Luiz Toledo added 12.
Nevada led 45-39 with 16:50 left before going on a 10-2 run over the next four minutes.
Ray Kraemer's 3-pointer with about 12 minutes to go put the Wolf Pack up 55-41. Idaho could get no closer than nine points the rest of the way.
The Vandals led 21-11 midway through the first half before the Wolf Pack responded with a 25-9 run to close out the period leading 36-30. Johnson had 10 points during the run and Babbit had 8.
- Snell, New Mexico tops Nevada Mar 7
- Lobos and Wolf Pack mix it up in Mountain West action Mar 6
- Lobos fire up The Pit by roasting Wolf Pack Feb 3
- Lobos and Wolf Pack meet for first time Feb 2
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Pane helps No. 22 Utah State top Nevada Feb 3
- UNLV stays unbeaten with win over Nevada Dec 5
- Nevada sophomore Babbitt leaving for NBA draft Apr 20
- Nevada guard Armon Johnson to enter NBA draft Apr 9
- James leads Rhode Island over Nevada in NIT 85-83 Mar 22
- Nevada hangs on to beat Wichita State 74-70 in NIT Mar 17