Gentry, Thomas lead South Dakota to 92-70 routJan 29, 2010 - 5:05 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Roman Gentry scored 22 points and Jake Thomas 21 as South Dakota defeated Houston Baptist 92-70 on Thursday.
Tyler Cain added 12 points, eight rebounds and a season-high eight blocks for the Coyotes (11-9, 3-1 Great West). Louie Krogman scored 14 points, and Kendall Cutler had 10 points and five assists.
South Dakota shot 52 percent (32 of 62) from the field, including 9 of 17 from 3-point range.
Houston Baptist (3-16, 2-1) shot just 35 percent (28 of 80) from the field. Andrew Gonzalez led the Huskies with 26 points, and Mario Flaherty added 17.
Houston Baptist led 12-5 in the first six minutes before Thomas hit a 3-pointer to spark a 14-2 Coyotes run. South Dakota closed the first half on a 13-6 run to take a 48-33 at the break.
Both teams committed 19 turnovers.
- SOUTH DAKOTA: 92
HOUSTON BAPTIST: 70
Jan 28 11:15 PM
- SOUTH DAKOTA: 48
HOUSTON BAPTIST: 33
Jan 28 10:05 PM
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- McDermott paces Creighton over Houston Baptist Dec 17
- Huskies try to clip Bluejays' wings in non-conference action Dec 17
- North Dakota tops South Dakota in 2OT for Great West title Mar 13
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14