New Mexico State rides 3-pointers past Idaho 74-57Feb 25, 2010 - 6:46 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Jahmar Young hit three of New Mexico State's 12 3-pointers in a 74-57 victory over Idaho on Wednesday night.
Young's 23 points led the Aggies (18-9, 10-3 Western Athletic), who won their third consecutive game and their sixth in the last seven. Wendell McKines added a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Jonathan Gibson added 15 points on 3-for-6 shooting from 3-point range. New Mexico State was 12 of 26 from beyond the arc. Hamidu Rahman had 11 rebounds.
Kyle Barone and Kashif Watson led the Vandals (13-14, 4-9) with 10 points each.
New Mexico State closed the first half on a 15-2 run in the last 4:36 for a 41-23 lead. Idaho never got closer than 15 in the second half, and the lead peaked at 23.
- IDAHO: 57
NEW MEXICO STATE: 74
Feb 25 1:01 AM
- IDAHO: 23
NEW MEXICO STATE: 41
Feb 24 11:59 PM
- Saint Louis advances with 20-point victory over Aggies Mar 21
- Billikens battle Aggies in NCAA Tournament's Midwest Region Mar 20
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- No. 16 New Mexico holds off New Mexico State Dec 19
- Lobos and Aggies go at it again Dec 19
- No. 17 New Mexico handles New Mexico State Dec 16
- Aggies and Lobos meet in intrastate showdown Dec 15
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Indiana handles New Mexico State Mar 16
- Hoosiers and Aggies meet in South Regional tilt Mar 15
- New Mexico State claims WAC title Mar 11