Texas State defeats Northwestern State 89-75Feb 27, 2010 - 10:56 PM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- J.B. Conley scored a career-high 42 points to lead Texas State to an 89-75 victory over Northwestern State on Saturday.
Conley, a junior forward averaging 8.4 points, was 14-for-22 from the field, 12-for-20 from the line and had seven rebounds to help the Bobcats (13-15, 7-7 Southland Conference) win for the first time in three games. The 42 points were the most by a Texas State player since 1993-94.
Conley scored 22 in the first half as the Bobcats took a 45-36 lead and 20 after the break, but they didn't pull away until John Rybak's 3-pointer gave Texas State a 66-57 lead with 8:04 remaining.
The Bobcats led 79-65 on Conley's layup with 3:44 to play.
Ryan White added 17 points and nine rebounds for Texas State.
Devon Baker scored 26 points, Will Pratt added 16 points and William Mosley had 11 rebounds for Northwestern State (10-17, 5-9).
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16
- No. 18 Mississippi State bedevils Northwestern State Dec 22
- Demons and Bulldogs duke it out in Jackson Dec 22
- Denmon paces Mizzou to rout Dec 2
- Demons face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Tigers Dec 2
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Witherspoon and No. 19 Memphis win easily Nov 17
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11