Jonson, Roemer lead Colgate past Navy 85-73Feb 28, 2010 - 12:07 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Ben Jonson scored 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Colgate to an 85-73 win over Navy in both team's regular-season finale on Saturday.
Kyle Roemer finished with 18 points and nine rebounds for the Raiders (10-18, 6-8 Patriot League), who start conference tournament play along with Navy on March 3. Mitch Rolls had 17 points and six rebounds, while Yaw Gyawu added 10 points.
Colgate built a 42-20 lead with 3:45 left in the first half on a jumper by Rolls, who shot 6 of 8 from the floor but committed six turnovers. The Raiders went into halftime with a 26-point lead.
The Midshipmen (13-16, 7-7) trimmed Colgate's lead to 69-61 with 4:33 to play on Chris Harris' two free throws. But Navy pulled no closer as the Raiders answered with nine straight points to give them a 78-61 advantage.
Harris and Jordan Sugars each finished with 18 points for Navy.
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19
- Colgate comes calling on No. 5 Syracuse Nov 19
- Brust leads Wisconsin in rout of Colgate Nov 16
- Colgate visits No. 14 Wisconsin Nov 16
- Syracuse brushes aside Colgate Dec 12
- No. 1 Duke blasts Colgate Nov 20
- American U advances to semis; beats Navy 62-60 Mar 3
- Mower sparks Lafayette over Colgate 73-65 Mar 3