Louisiana Tech defeats Idaho 60-49Feb 28, 2010 - 4:07 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Jamel Guyton scored 16 points as Louisiana Tech defeated Idaho 60-49 on Saturday night.
Olu Ashaolu added a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Bulldogs (22-7, 9-5 Western Athletic Conference), who swept the season series against Idaho after beating them 77-71 on Jan. 9.
Louisiana Tech held a 29-23 halftime lead, but led by 10 points after back-to-back layups from DeAndre Brown and Guyton boosted their lead to 39-29 with 13:23 remaining in the game. The Bulldogs would go on to lead by as many as 15 points, and Idaho never recovered.
David Jackson contributed 13 points and nine rebounds for Louisiana Tech.
The Vandals (13-15, 4-10) were paced by Marvin Jefferson, who scored 13 points. Idaho has lost three straight games.
Idaho struggled to hit its 3-point attempts, shooting only 20 percent from beyond the arc (3-for-15).
- IDAHO: 49
LOUISIANA TECH: 60
Feb 27 10:09 PM
- IDAHO: 23
LOUISIANA TECH: 29
Feb 27 8:59 PM
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- New Mexico State claims WAC title Mar 11
- Utah State blows out Louisiana Tech Mar 5
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Utah State rips Louisiana Tech 85-55; 17th in row Mar 13
- Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal Mar 12
- Guyton, Louisiana Tech defeat Fresno State 74-66 Mar 11
- Nevada beats La. Tech 79-68 for WAC No. 2 seed Mar 7
- Johnson leads Idaho past Hawaii 78-69 Mar 6
- Twitter comments lead to Idaho player's suspension Mar 6