Idaho holds off San Jose State for 86-76 victoryMar 5, 2010 - 6:15 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Kashif Watson and Mac Hopson scored 17 points apiece to lead Idaho to an 86-76 victory against San Jose State on Thursday night.
The Vandals (14-15, 5-10 WAC) clinched a spot in the WAC tournament next week.
Idaho had a 22-point lead with 13:28 remaining when San Jose State's Adrian Oliver woke up. He hit four 3-pointers to spark a comeback that left the Spartans (14-15, 6-9) trailing 78-69 with 1:53 to play.
The Spartans pulled within seven, but ran out of time as Idaho went 6 of 10 from the free throw line in the final 1:30.
Marvin Jefferson added 15 points and guard Steffan Johnson 10 for the Vandals.
Oliver had 24 points for San Jose State.
- SAN JOSE STATE: 76
Mar 5 12:14 AM
- SAN JOSE STATE: 27
Mar 4 11:02 PM
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- Spartans seek upset of 25th-ranked Bulldogs Mar 2
- Withey's exploits allow Kansas to hold off San Jose State Nov 27
- San Jose State faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 26
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- San Jose State gives Nessman extension Jul 15
- Utah State squeaks by San Jose State, reaches WAC final Mar 12
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Nevada rolls past Idaho 87-71 in WAC quarterfinal Mar 12
- New Mexico State defeats San Jose State 90-69 Mar 12