Yale knocks off Columbia 65-48Mar 6, 2010 - 2:26 AM NEW HAVEN, Conn.(AP) -- Alex Zampier scored 15 points to lead Yale to a 65-48 victory over Columbia on Friday night.
Michael Sands added 14 points and nine rebounds and the Bulldogs (12-18, 6-7 Ivy League) shot 50 percent from the field (8 of 16) in the second half to pull away from Columbia (10-17, 4-9).
Yale used a 14-0 run to turn a three-point deficit into a 47-36 lead with 9:34 remaining. Michael Sands scored six points and Zampier and Austin Morgan each hit 3-pointers to spark the run.
Zampier's free throw gave Yale a 54-42 lead with 4:43 left.
Paul Nelson and Porter Braswell scored 10 points each for Yale, which shot 74.3 percent from the free throw line (26 of 35).
Columbia outrebounded the Bulldogs 42-34, but shot 31.1 percent from the field (19 of 61) and committed 15 turnovers.
Noruwa Agho scored 14 points and Mark Cisco had 10 points and eight rebounds for Columbia.
- Boynton's hot shooting helps Florida drop Yale Jan 7
- Gators hit the road to take on Bulldogs Jan 6
- No. 10 Florida rebounds with win over Yale Dec 31
- Yale comes calling on No. 10 Florida Dec 31
- Defending champion UConn opens season with win Nov 12
- Defending champs open up in Storrs against Lions Nov 11
- No. 19 Illinois dominates Yale Nov 24
- St. Mary's Kyle Smith hired as Columbia's coach May 2
- Jones leaves Columbia to take BC job Apr 9
- Columbia beats Brown 65-56 Mar 6
- Cornell routs Yale 79-59 Mar 6