Morehead State defeats Tennessee Tech 76-47Mar 6, 2010 - 4:58 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Maze Stallworth scored 15 of his 24 points in the first half and Morehead State defeated Tennessee Tech 76-47 on Friday night in an Ohio Valley Conference semifinal.
Kenneth Faried, the OVC Player of the Year, had 10 points and nine rebounds in 22 minutes for Morehead State. Demonte Harper and Terrance Hill added 10 each for the No. 2 seeded Eagles, who are seeking their second straight tournament title against Murray State in the championship on Saturday.
Stallworth, who was 4 of 5 from 3-point range, hit three in the first half as the Eagles (23-9) built an 18-point lead.
The Golden Eagles (15-17) went 11 minutes without a field goal during a 24-7 run by Morehead State.
Alfred Jones, Jud Dillard, Elijah Cunningham-Muhammad and Zach Bailey scored nine each for sixth-seeded Tennessee Tech, which was held to its season-low point production.
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23
- Kentucky overcomes pesky Morehead State Nov 21
- Eagles hope to soar above eighth-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Morehead State officially introduces Woods May 14
- Morehead State names Woods head coach May 11
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25
- Murray State downs Morehead State, remains unbeaten Jan 18